Testimony: A Testimony Of God's Love

Brian McMahan's testimony "A Testimony Of God's Love" on 9/19/2017, 5:02pm...

My name is Brian McMahan. I live in a small-unincorporated town in upper Northeast Tennessee. On 8/7/1983 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor the size of a grapefruit. Yet in 55 days, while in the hospital alone, there were 6 documented & filmed miracles that happened. (Others later followed) I obtained 18 pages of the original medical paperwork, talked with doctors & nurses to clarify the Latin words & convert them to simple understood English. My testimony has been seen in over 16 countries & clearly shows that irrefutable & undeniable miracles did happen. Note that all surgeries or scans are both filmed & documented for 2 reasons: For proceeding doctors to learn by, & in case of malpractice/lawsuits. This also means whenever miracles happen they too are filmed!!

(On 9/7/83 the head neurosurgeon states in his medical report, “There are some things that modern science cannot adequately explain but it was obvious that higher powers were involved”.) My fully detailed & the lengthy account of all these things as well as others can be read online called A Testimony of Gods Love. Here is a shortened version of my testimony. Ever Since I was in kindergarten I played football, was active in other sports, & never really thought about religion. I was a typical arrogant little boy who really only cared about himself & not about the feelings of others. In 1979 I started going to church Sunday mornings. (I was a cocky football jock, so I’ll admit at this time I was mainly going because of the girls.)

Because I was only going to church & not really taking part in it, Satan had me convinced that anyone with the title of “Christian” would automatically have access to Heaven. He blinded my eyes from what Paul warned of in 1John 3:18, "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.” & even of what Jesus Christ warned of in Matthew 7:21-23, “Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but they that do the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? Then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.” (Just because we may show an outward appearance of Christianity doesn’t necessarily mean we truly are one inwardly.)

This Luke-warm Christian feeling lasted until 1983 when an unnoticed brain tumor had slowly grown in my head all of my life.

8/7/1983 my parents took me to a local hospital that only gave basic brain scans but had no neurological unit, so I was spent the night here & was transported to a neurological ward that specialized in brain & medical disorders. (Scans measured a grapefruit sized posterior fossa tumor. (This part of the brain controls speech, eyesight, coordination, & motor skills.)

8/10/1983 I had surgery to remove as much of the tumor as possible. (Brain tumors this size embeds into brain tissue, so Less than 12 percent could be safely removed leaving 88% untouched. (Doctors had to stop prematurely for fear of accidentally killing me.) This only made the tumor swell at a faster rate. A shunt was also put in that ran down my brain, throat, & stomach as a drainage system for the excess fluids on my brain.

8/12/1983 A brain scan was done to see how much more the tumor had grown.

8/14/1983 = CT scan of my chest was made to see how much more my heart and lungs had been affected.

8/24/1983 A scan showed my fourth brain ventricle had doubled in size in 2 weeks & caused worse infections around the shunt. (This area forms the central canal of the spinal cord & protects the brain from trauma & is behind the medulla oblongata behind the posterior fossa) A second surgery was scheduled on 9/7/83 to replace the old shunt with a larger one. At this time, I weighed 53 pounds & was in very poor health. Doctors gave me 1 month with no surgery, 10% chance of living through surgery, & 90% chance of being a ‘vegetable’ for the rest of my life if I did survive surgery. Until that time the thought of death never entered my mind, but when doctors say you have a limited amount of time to live, reality sets in & you start thinking strongly about your life on earth, how we’ve treated others as Hebrews 9:27 kept entering my mind which says it is appointed unto all people once to die, but after this the judgment.)

For the next 2 weeks preachers, friends, family, & even EACH doctor & nurse who worked 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shift visited, not as doctors or nurses but as caring friends to a scared little boy. They brought me gifts & whatever food I wanted to eat. (I did eat like a king those 2 weeks but in a way I felt like a condemned prisoner given his last requested meals before execution.)

9/7/1983 The old shunt was removed from inside my body to be replaced with a newer & bigger shunting tract with a pumping system was secured to my scalp with a tube attached that went inside my body to my kidneys leading to a drainage device; (This is called “externalizing” the shunt.) Also I was now being fed foods by a tube going inside me. Both of my arms and legs were strapped down as a precautionary measure in case I had a seizure so I wouldn’t hurt myself. This is when the 1st vision happened: A group of miniature angels from Heaven were on the bottom right side of my bed, and a second group of demons from Hell were on the left and were fighting over the possession of my soul! Doctors and nurses in the room couldn’t see the demons fighting on my bed like I did, but they did hear me yell at those little demons to stop pulling at the tube because they were hurting me. A few seconds later, everyone in the room saw my catheter get pulled out by unseen forces. ((People may not believe this, but unless miracles happened to them personally they have no right to disregard the things, they know absolutely nothing about concerning God’s power: When they do so they break the unforgivable sin by doubting Gods power according to Mark 3:29))

9/15/1983 Scan of tumor, shunting tract attached to my skull & shunting tube running through my entire body made. ((*)) This is a key date when you look at 9/16 & 21/1983.

9/16/1983 = Shunting tract attached to my skull & shunting tube running through body had completely vanished!! The scans were seen by hundreds of doctors and nurses who worked all 3 shifts. The doctors report on page 15 of the medical records says, “incidentally, the shunting tract was visualized but the tube has apparently been removed.”

9/21/1983 Doctors remove shunting tract attached to skull that was placed there 2 weeks earlier & soon found the entire tumor that had also vanished as well as ALL swelling & infection that had been embedded in Brain 5 days earlier!! The head neurosurgeon said in his report, “There are some things that modern science can not adequately explain but it was obvious that higher powers were involved” People may deny the visions I saw in both Hell and in Heaven because most people have the mindset that unless a miracle happens to them personally, or if science cannot explain it by what “earthly science” defines as proof - then it didn’t happen and doesn’t exist, But anyone who knows me knows that I am no liar, & can say with assurance I went to, saw things, & talked to people both in Hell and in Heaven and I assure you that both places are real & both are also eternal, so don’t take God or religion for granted!! (A poet once said, “Just because we don’t see the air it doesn’t mean we stop breathing, just because we don’t see God it doesn’t mean we stop believing.”) The Apostle Paul best sums it up in Romans 14:5 (“One person esteems one day above another; another esteems ever day alike. Let every person be fully persuaded in his or her own mind”) & again in Philippians 2:12 (“Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”)

9/22/1983 Sent back to my room, regained my appetite & started using a walker to go from the 5th floor to the cafeteria on the 1st floor to eat solid foods for 10 days.

9/23/1983 ALL medications were stopped (I’ve never at any time had convulsions!)

9/24/1983 I had a chest scan like the one I had on 8/14/1983 showed no problems. The concluding remark on the medical report says "no evidence of active pulmonary disease, no consolidation, or atelectasis.” (This means that my heart and lungs were no longer affected in any way)

10/2/1983 I was fully discharged after only 55 days in this hospital & after 3 major surgeries. If you saw me either then or today you would never know I’d had a brain tumor. Physically my growth, appearance, height & weight were permanently stunted (I can still do 1 handed push-ups too) & psychologically my mind is fine (I graduated high school & went to college & worked full time jobs).

Although I’m almost 49 & can’t drive I have nothing to complain about… “at least I’m still above ground.”
….God is so good…. I now see all people as 1. God doesn’t see us by Religion, Denomination, Ethnicity, race, sex, or political preference. Some may be Non-Christians or even Atheists but God loves them all equally. We breathe the same air, have the same struggles & hopes for a better future. We may be different in some ways but are really more alike in other ways than some want to admit. We should accept people for who they are & not how we want to force them to be. I have learned if you treat EVERYONE with complete respect no matter the differences listed above he or she will usually show you the same respect back. We may not be able to show God's full love to the world all at once but by 1 random act of kindness at a time, Christianity can spread 1 step at a time.

We could learn a valuable lesson from reading, then thinking on the words found in Ephesians chapter 2 (verse 5 says by Gods grace we are saved, & verse 18 says through him we BOTH have access by one Spirit unto the Father.) I believe that unless we are willing to at least try to show the world we are true Christians & not just say we are one, our faith & religion has been in vain. James 1:26-27, “If any person among you seem to be religious, and bridle not his tongue, but deceive their own heart, this person's religion is vain. Pure religion is undefiled before God and the Father, which is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep themselves unspotted from the world.

No matter how bad things may seem never give up on God, life, or the love for humanity in our hearts. We are EACH special in Gods eyes & hold spiritual gifts that may be beneficial to uplift others. According to the parable of the talents in Matthew 25:14-30 this talent can be taken away if it is not used to benefit God, religion, & people. God will never give up on us so we should never give up on him or our love for humanity. (Note that the Great Commandment in Matthew 22:36-40 has 2 parts & not just 1)

I pray this true testimony may be an inspiration to others. If anyone wishes to contact me feel free to do so & I’ll write back as soon as possible.


View More Christian Testimonies...

Share your own testimony here...