For 400 years, the King James Bible has impacted millions of people, influenced culture, and transcended numerous generations.
With more than 6 billion copies published, the Bible is the most popular book in the world, and the King James Bible is the most published Bible translation. Its inspired words has brought peace, joy, and hope to millions of people and is regarded today as one of the most accurate translations.
1. Bible Society 1992 survey (http://www.biblesociety.org.uk/about-the-bible/what-is-the-bible/what-is-the-bible-2/ also http://www.ipl.org/div/farq/bestsellerFARQ.html)
3. Bible Society (http://www.biblesociety.org.uk/about-the-bible/what-is-the-bible/what-is-the-bible-2/)
6. United Bible Societies (http://www.unitedbiblesocieties.org/?page_id=2)
3. http://kjv400.co.uk/ and http://www.squidoo.com/king-james-bible-400th-birthday
4. Donald Brake, PhD, A Royal Monument of English Literature: The King James Bible 1611, Credo House Publishers, 2011, http://www.credocommunications.net/KJV
5. http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjworkes.htm and http://www.angelfire.com/la2/prophet1/holybiblepictures.html
"That book [King James Bible], sir, is the rock upon which our republic rests."
- Andrew Jackson, 7th President of the United States
"The King James Version is a Magna Carta for the Poor and Oppressed: the most democratic book in the world."
- Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States
"Indeed, it is an incontrovertible fact that all the complex and horrendous questions confronting us at home and worldwide have their answer in that single book [King James Bible]."
- Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States
"The scholars who produced this masterpiece [King James Bible] are mostly unknown and unremembered. But they forged an enduring link, literary and religious, between the English-speaking people of the world."
- Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of UK
"There is no doubt in my mind that the King James Bible not Shakespeare set this language on its path to become a universal language on a scale unprecedented before or since."
- Melvyn Bragg, British Broadcaster and Author
"The King James Bible is a cornerstone of our culture and our language. Whatever our faith, whatever we believe, we have to recognise that the rhetorical power of this book, and in particular its power to fuse history with poetry, connects at the most fundamental level with our own history and poetry."
- Andrew Motion, British Author and Poet Laureate
"The translation was extraordinarily well done because to the translators what they were translating was not merely a curious collection of ancient books written by different authors in different stages of culture, but the word of God divinely revealed through His chosen and expressly inspired scribes. In this conviction they carried out their work with boundless reverence and care and achieved a beautifully artistic result...they made a translation so magnificent that to this day the common human Britisher or citizen of the United States of North America accepts and worships it as a single book by a single author, the book being the Book of Books and the author being God."
- George Bernard Shaw, Irish Author, Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Over the past several centuries it's been the single book in most households, an enormous force in shaping the development of the English language. Carried around the world by missionaries, it provided the base by which English is about to become the lingua franca of the world in the next century. Exploring it during this shoot [Ten Commandments] was one of the most rewarding creative experiences of my life."
- Charlton Heston, American Actor
Bible translation timeline of key accomplishments. See Media and Press Kit to download in high resolution or as an editable, layered Photoshop file. Usage is permitted with a live link to: www.kingjamesbibleonline.org
Learn more about the 400th Anniversary...
Read the entire original 1611 King James Bible online...
Read the about the King James Bible English Spelling...
Article: King James Bible: 400 Year Old Bestseller...
Article: 1611 King James Bible Found in Church...