King James Bible Online
King James Bible
King James Version (KJV)
Bible Discussion Thread
Add a Comment
View All Newest Comments
(17) And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
God sets His 2 greatest commandments in the firmament of Heaven.in our opened, expanded hearing (HEAR, O Israel..) of the Spirit that comes from there. We are to do what He has set/established in the kingdom of God so that others see His Light shine in the darkness of this earth.
(28) And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
(29) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
(30) And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
(31) And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Thou are not far from the kingdom of God...
(34) And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.
When we do His commandments, we shall shine as the stars giving His Light upon this dark earth.
(3) And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
The nations shall come to His light/glory that they see arising upon us...
(1) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
(2) For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
(3) And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Do you have a Bible comment or question?
2000 characters remain...
Which best represents the problem with the comment?