Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of John 1:29.
- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition
View Wesley's Notes for John 1:29
1:29 He seeth Jesus coming and saith, Behold the Lamb - Innocent; to be offered up; prophesied of by Isaiah, #Isa 53:7|, typified by the paschal lamb, and by the daily sacrifice: The Lamb of God - Whom God gave, approves, accepts of; who taketh away - Atoneth for; the sin - That is, all the sins: of the world - Of all mankind. Sin and the world are of equal extent.
View People's Bible Notes for John 1:29
Joh 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus. Here Jesus first appears, in person, in John's account, who omits all the details given by Matthew and Luke of his earlier life. He was now thirty years old, and came from Galilee to Jordan to be baptized of John. This interview was after the baptism (Joh 1:33), and probably after the Temptation. Behold the Lamb of God. Innocent like the lamb, to be offered as a lamb, "led as a lamb to the slaughter" (Isa 53:7). The lamb was commonly used as a sin offering (Le 4:32), and when John points to Jesus as "the" Lamb of God he can only mean that God had provided him as a sacrificial offering. The sin of the world. Not of Jews only, but of Gentiles. John points to Jesus as the world's Savior.
tracy fyler's comment on 2013-01-19 12:25:06:
Perhaps there is one sin from which has two causes and Three basic pathways:
1. Unbelief (hath God said?) Beleiving A Lie John 16:9;
2. Deception, i.e. NutraSweet™(deficiency) Proverbs 12:20;
3. Pride Isaiah 14:13 Proverbs10:13 (Self-centered) cancer, Toxicity;
4. 1 John 2:15, 16, all problems are spiritual and deal with RELATIONSHIP. Missing the mark John 17:3, Matthew 7:21, Genesis 15:1. Thus also natural realm there is only one sickness; Cellular Malfunction i.e. Dr. Otto Warburg's famous speech while Accepting Nobel Peace Prize in 1931 on cancer and its Prime cause due to Deficiency of oxygen thus Toxicity in dna i.e. Non efficient toxic city, mass production of...;
5. Seven major pathways: Nutrition, Toxicity, ....
Anonymous's comment on 2010-04-03 11:31:40:
am thankful for GOD'S word,love reading it here online,think it both a blessing and a privilege to have it,and enjoy the freedom of using it,in JESUS name! it is such a blessing to me! keep it going in JESUS's NAME!
Share your own thoughts or commentary here...