Luke Chapter 16 (1611 Bible)
Viewing the 1611 King James Version. Click to switch to Standard King James Version of Luke Chapter 16
View original 1611 Bible scan for Luke chapter 16
(this is a scan from the exact, authentic, original 1611 'HE' King James Bible)
Help share God's Word with others...
|< Luke Chapter 15|
View All Luke Chapter 16 Comments...
Elvis's Luke Chapter 16 comment on 5/07/2013, 6:02am...
Even dead people talks.verse 19 to 31 u wil see that they talked when they are dead and its true. people must know and believe that they can talk
Jay's Luke Chapter 16 comment on 1/23/2013, 12:07pm...
On verse 18,
1. I agree with what Timothy had to say in response to Brother on his marriage situation, but there is more Timothy should be doing beside praying;
2. It is difficult giving relationship advice without being able to sit down and talk with both parties involved;
3. God always has solutions to every situation, but they are usually not so simple because of our sinful nature and after we have made decisions without proper biblical counseling with God and the man of God with the holy scriptures at the foundation of our decisions;
4. Are you and your wife both saved?
5. Do you both attend and participate in a good bible believing church?
6. Are you doing those things that God commands us to do that put us in a right relationship and good standing with him?
7. Although our mates have a large influence on our lives and how we are able to serve God, but our mates should not have that much influence on us that it holds us back from our spiritual growth and fellowship with God (1 Corinthians 7 and Ephesians 5:21-33);
8. We as Christians should never allow anyone to have such a strong hold on us to keep us from doing right and being diligent in seeking him. (1 Corinthians 7:29 and Hebrews 11:6);
9. The better our relationship, fellowship, and obedience to God's holy word the better position we place ourselves in having God answering our prayers and working in our favor;
10. We have a much better opportunity in winning others to our side (Godís side) when we love God verbally, but also when we especially love God with our actions;
11. People always tend to watch our actions over our speech (James 1:22-25);
12. I do not know what kind of a relationship Peter had with his wife, but it apparently did not stop him from doing what God wanted him to do!
Naw tawng's Luke Chapter 16 comment about verse 11 on 11/21/2012, 5:17am...
Absolutely important for me.
Brother's Luke Chapter 16 comment on 8/05/2012, 8:38am...
Thank you Timothy. What you are revealing is truthful and Holy Spirit inspired. God bless you for being His vessel in my matter. Will keep on praying.
Timothy Wayne George's Luke Chapter 16 comment on 8/05/2012, 12:10am...
Dear Brother, marriage takes time. When the bible said the two will become one flesh, it does not happen over night. Jesus is saying in verse 18, if you marry someone who was put away, you will be committing adultery. God hates divorce, and yet Moses because of the hardness of their hearts suffered it when infidelity was done. Let not man put asunder them that God hath joined together. Jesus loved the Church, and gave his life for the Church. While we were sinners Christ died for us. Husbands are to love their wives the same way Jesus loves the Church. Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. When you do this you will be able to love your wife as yourself. Live with your wife according to knowledge, as the weaker vessel. Be kind, tender, and forgiving even as God for Christ sake forgave you. Read the bible together, and go to Church together.Pray that the Lord will enable the two of you to become the one flesh that God has planned for you in your marriage. Divorce is not an option,and don't let the devil tempt you with that. Marriage is a covenant till death do ye part. May the Lord bless your marriage, and may your love grow stronger for your wife.
Brother's Luke Chapter 16 comment about verse 18 on 8/02/2012, 4:19pm...
What should one do when after marrying your wife for ten years and have both hoped things will get better and you reach a stage of being intolerant to each other to such that you feel she is keeping your spiritual growth stagnant, causing you to be upset in doing the opposite,not sharing anything in common, always not seeing things the same way, being both unhappy with each other? Honestly speaking, I just want out of this marriage. i feel i'm living a lie and not true to myself or her. Pls advise. i have also prayed unto God in telling Him how I feel.
Simon van Wyk (Snr)'s Luke Chapter 16 comment about verse 9 on 8/02/2012, 3:59pm...
I think Jesus meant that, embrace the riches of this world (unrighteousness mammon) which will enable you into the privilege of tithing, giving to the poor, give generously to those in need, clothe them,buy them food. Using the earthly wealth to serve God so that the seed you have planted on earth (as per the book of Revelation) where we will be judged by the works we did as it is written in the second book of our deeds) Therefore this wealth would have opened an opportunity to us to serve God with it hence the good works and fruits that emanated from the unrighteousness mammom will welcome us into everlasting habitation. See verse 11' it says if you cannot be trusted with the unrighteousness mammon how can you be trusted with the holy incorruptible wealth in heaven?
What Do You Think of Luke 16?
Share your own thoughts or commentary here...
|< Luke Chapter 15|