John Chapter 4 (1611 Bible)
Viewing the 1611 King James Version. Click to switch to Standard King James Version of John Chapter 4
View original 1611 Bible scan for John chapter 4
(this is a scan from the exact, authentic, original 1611 'HE' King James Bible)
10 Iesus answered, and said vnto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that sayth to thee, Giue me to drinke; thou wouldest haue asked of him, and hee would haue giuen thee liuing water.
Help share God's Word with others...
|< John Chapter 3|
View All John Chapter 4 Comments...
David's John Chapter 4 comment on 5/15/2013, 9:54am...
How does this Samaritan woman who admits of no dealing between her people and Jewish (sic Judean) people know and believe the Jewish expectation about the coming of messiah and his powers?
I think it's more a case of a Samaritan Jewess knowing the expectations all too well but that the author forgets that she isn't supposed to know about this particular Messiah (Jesus) yet because the mission has barely got started!
I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Christians would understand this to mean 'Christ the Messiah' and therein lies the mistake, whereas in fact it is an innocent if redundant tautology; 'Messiah(Greek) the Messiah(Hebrew) which doesn't need to be spoken at all if the woman only knows of the expectation. If on the other hand she had in fact got wind of the claim earlier than most she would more likely have spoken of 'the Nazerene Messiah'.
Ijeoma's John Chapter 4 comment on 3/21/2013, 11:22am...
In john 4 verse 24,no one can worship God well carnally but rather in spirit and in truth.if you are living in fornication,adultery,lies, murder and all sorts of corruption you cannot serve God well.
Ed's John Chapter 4 comment about verse 25 on 2/27/2013, 12:59pm...
It is interesting that the Samaritan woman who admits of no dealing between her people and Jewish people knows and believes the Jewish expectation about the coming of messiah and his powers.
Jay's John Chapter 4 comment on 2/15/2013, 4:00pm...
On how to get saved:
1. You make a statement that a person must accept Jesus Christ in baptism to be saved in order to go to heaven;
2. If this is a reference that water baptism is part of a personís being born again then I must state that the scriptures do not support this belief;
3. In the church age (age of grace), water baptism is never connected to salvation;
4. The apostle Paul (apostle to gentiles) says in 1 Corinthians 1:17 that Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect;
5. So you can determine that water baptism is not part of the gospel message which is the death, burial, and resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), Jesus baptized no one (John 4:2);
6. When a person accepts Jesus Christ as his/her saviour, at that moment they are baptized (filled) in with the holy spirit (ghost);
7. The word baptism means to be immerse (not sprinkled or water poured over the head) and is called believerís baptism, because it represents the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:1-6), which is what happens to a person spiritually at the time we receive Jesus Christ as our savior;
8. Born again believers get baptized because they are saved, not to get saved;
9. Christians are baptized in water as act of public display of their faith they received from him (Hebrews 12:2),and they are making an open commitment to serve and obey Jesus according to the scriptures.
Emmanuel's John Chapter 4 comment about verse 18 on 1/17/2013, 7:00am...
The woman had committed fornication with 5 people and therefore spiritually she was married to them without the woman having got married to the men in the court of Law or traditionally. Due to her fornication, she was not paired with the rightful man God had prepared for her. She had committed fornication with the man with whom she was staying with, thatís why she said she did not have a husband but Jesus mentioned that she should go and fetch the her husband whom she stayed with.
Frenz's John Chapter 4 comment on 1/17/2013, 3:13am...
I would like to focus on verses 23 and 24; Saying But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. Precisely God is looking for a true worshipper in this scenario, who will worship him in Spirit and Truth. So many people believed and worship God, Praising God but they don't know if whom they are worshipping. Here God stated that we must have the qualifications that God wants to see. Verse 24; God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. It is true that God is Spirit that is a fact 1+1=11. Being Spirit, He doesn't have a body, doesn't have a blood, a bone, even flesh meaning God is invisible, we cannot see him but we can feel him. Being He is the TRUTH this is the power of God to forgive on our sins, to save us from our sins without accepting the process of God for salvation then we cannot enter into the Kingdom of God which John 3:5 stated. Unless a man is born of water & of Spirit he cannot enter into God's Kingdom. Because our destiny actually is for damnation in hell, once you died you are already judged (Hebrews 9:27). And there is NO MORE HOPE for salvation to our SOUL, because we are all BORN SINNERS according to (Psalms 55:1, Romans 3: 10,23) and the wages of sins is death. We will all die in flesh and some of will all die Spiritually in hell if they donít repent. The only remedy is to accept Jesus Christ in Baptism bacause this is His command before ascending in heaven that he commanded his disciples to baptize all nation in his name (Acts 2:38-39). That is the reason that God seeketh a TRUE WORSHIPPER WHO WILL WORSHIP HIM WITHOUT SEEING ANYTHING because God is Spirit. God bless you all. Jesus loves us!
Elder M. Dube's John Chapter 4 comment on 12/19/2012, 7:55am...
1. The woman came into contact with the seventh man! Her life became complete because she had met a man of completeness. All other men who met this woman could not quench her thirst;
2. The word of God whenever it is preached, must tell us what we are for real. We repent because we have been told what we are. We tell other people about the Jesus who tells us who we are. If the word does not awaken within us that, then it goes without doing anything... God help us!
What Do You Think of John 4?
Share your own thoughts or commentary here...
|< John Chapter 3|